The University of Toronto’s Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program recognizes international students who are leaders in their school and have exceptional academic achievements and creativity. Special attention is given to the student’s potential future contributions to the global community and their impact on their community.
Level/Field of Study:
The University offers an Undergraduate program
Each year, about 37 students are named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
High school students from all over the globe are welcome to study in Canada.
The scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental expenses, and support for residence for up to 4 years.
Pearson International Scholarship Program Eligibility
It would be best if:
- You are an international student: A student from outside Canada who needs a permit to study.
- You are in your final year of secondary school or have graduated by June 2022
- Your studies can start at the University of Toronto as early as September 2023. Students who are already enrolled in postsecondary education can’t be considered. Students who begin their studies at another postsecondary institution in January 2023 are not eligible for consideration.
Instructions to apply for Pearson International Scholarship Program
You would be most successful if your school nominated you and then applied to the University of Toronto for undergraduate studies. This is what you will need:
- Request a nomination from your school. High schools that have not been verified or contacted may be eligible for nomination rights.
- Apply to them for a spot at the University of Toronto in 2023. Your application must be submitted on/before the deadline.
- Once the University has nominated you and submitted an online application, you can submit the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Applications.
Nominations for schools must be received by 30 November 2022. Student admissions are open until 14/12/2022. It is highly recommended that you submit your application by 7/11/2022. The deadline for applications for scholarships is 16 January 2023.